Geetha Jayanthi falls on Margashira Shukla Ekadashi
ಧರ್ಮಕ್ಷೇತ್ರೆ ಕುರುಕ್ಷೇತ್ರೇ ಸಮವೇತಾ ಯುಯುತ್ಸವ: |
ಮಾಮಕಾ: ಪಾಂಡವಾಶ್ಚೈವ ಕಿಮಕುರ್ವತು ಸಂಜಯ |
धर्मक्षेत्रॆ कुरुक्षेत्रे समवेता युयुत्सव: ।
मामका: पांडवाश्चैव किमकुर्वतु संजय ।
dharmakshEtre kuruksEhtre samavEta yuyutsava: |
maamakA: pandavAschaiva kimakurvatu sanjaya |
– Dhrutarashtra asked Sanjaya – After having assembled at the holy Kurukshetra, what are my sons and pandu’s sons are doing?
Arjuna was confused whether to fight or not against his Pithamaha Bheeshmacharyaru, Gurugalu Dronacharyaru, Brothers Duryodanaadigalu, and other elder Kauravas in Kurukshetra. He decided not to fight and asked suggestion of Geethacharya – Srikrishna.
Then Srikrishna gave him Vishnuroopa Darshana and gave a good lecture – Srimadbhagavad Geetha.
Every moment a confused Arjuna opens the Gita to take the advice of Krishna . And through the immortal Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna has been discussing and debating and finding solutions to the various problems faced by the confused Arjunas for centuries and will continue to do the same forever..
The day is observed all around the world with the reading of Bhagavad Gita, which is referred outside India as the Bible of the Hindus. Discussions and seminars are organized on the day. Srimadacharyaru has given a very good tatparya nirnaya on Bhagavad Geetha. One must read atleast one stanza of Bhagavad Geetha on this great day with the Tatparnirnaya of Srimadacharya.
Who gave the Bhagavad Geetha? – Srikrishna Paramathma
To whom did he gave the upadesha? – Arjuna
Where was the Bhagavad Geetha upadesha given ?
– At the Kuruksheta battle field.
When was this upadesha given ? – 3137 B.C
What can we learn by the study of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita?
Accurate, fundamental knowledge about God, the ultimate truth, creation, birth and death, the results of actions, the eternal soul, liberation and the purpose as well as the goal of human existence.
How many chapters does Bhagavad Geetha has?
– 18 chapters. The different Chapters of Bhagavad Geetha are as follows :
- Vishadha Yoga
- Saankhya Yoga
- Karma Yoga
- Jnaana Yoga
- Karma Vairagya Yoga (sanyaasa yOga)
- Dhyana Yoga
- Jnaana Vijnana Yoga
- Akshara brahma Yoga
- Raja-Vidya-Guhya Yoga
- Bhakti Yoga
- Kshetra-Kshetrajna Vibhaga Yoga
- Gunatraya-Vibhaga Yoga
- Purushottama Yoga
- Daivasura-Sampad-Vibhaga Yoga
- Shraddhatraya-Vibhaga Yoga
- Moksha-Sanyasa Yoga
Madhwa Shastra granthas on Bhagavad Geetha –
- Geethatatparya Nirnaya – Srimadacharyaru
- Geethabhashya Teeka (Bhaava Pradeepika) – Padmanabha Tirtharu
- Geethatatparya Nirnaya Teeka (Prakashika) – Padmanabha Tirtharu
- Geethabhashya Vyakyana – Narahari Tirtharu
- Geetha Teeka (Nyaya Deepika) – Teekarayaru
- Prameya Deepika (Geetha Bhashya Teeka) – Teekarayaru
- Geethabhashya Tippani (Bhavabodha) – Raghottamaru
- Geethartha Sangraha (Geetha Vivruthi) – Raghavendra Tirtharu
- Geetha Bhashya Prameya Deepika Tippani – Raghavendra Tirtharu
- Geetha Tatparya Teeka Vivarana (Geetha Tatparya Nyaya deepika vivarana) – Raghavendra Tirtharu
- Geetha Vivruthi – Vidyadhirajaru
- Geethabhashya Tippani (bhavaratna Kosha) – Sumateendra Tirtharu
- Geethaksharartha – Sumateendra Tirtharu
- Geetha Teeka Tippani (Kiranavali) – Tamraparni Srinivasacharya
- Geethabhashya Teeka (Gururajeeya) – Paandurangi Keshavacharya
- Geethabhashya Tippani – Umarji Krishnacharya
- Geethabhashya Tippani (Bhavaprakashika) – Bidarahalli Srinivasa Tirtharu
- Geetha Panchanana – Varakhedi Timmannacharya
- Geetha bhashya Vivrutti – Satari Raghavendracharya
- Geetha Vivruthi Vyakyana – Paangari Acharyaru
- Geetha Vyakyana – Ratnagarbha odeyaru
- Geetha Vyakyana – Narahari Acharya Ayi
Bhagavad Geetha has the maximum number of Vyakyaanaas. Many vyakyanakaras have defined in thier way only. It is Acharya Madhwa who has the distinction of giving the anusandhana, vyakyana as per the indications of Sri Vedavyasa devaru