Sri Dayanidhi Tirtharu
(Sripadaraja Mutt parampare)
Period 1926 – 1962 (46 years)
Aradhana – Margashira Bahula Trayodashi
Vrundavana @ Mulabagilu
Ashrama Gurugalu – Sri Medhaanidhi Tirtharu (Pallipalyam)
Ashrama Shishyaru – Sri Satyanidhi Tirtharu (Mulabagilu)
mEdhaanidhi karaabjottham vyaasatrayaprapaaThakam |
dayaanidhigurum vandE bhaktyaadiguNamanDitam|
ಮೇಧಾನಿಧಿ ಕರಾಬ್ಜೋತ್ಥಮ್ ವ್ಯಾಸತ್ರಯಪ್ರಪಾಠಕಂ |
ದಯಾನಿಧಿಗುರುಂ ವಂದೇ ಭಕ್ತ್ಯಾದಿಗುಣಮಂಡಿತಮ್|
मेधानिधि कराब्जोत्थम् व्यासत्रयप्रपाठकं ।
दयानिधिगुरुं वंदे भक्त्यादिगुणमंडितम्।
1. He had studied law and was working as Sub-registrar for some time and before he took sanyasa and was there in the peeta for 46 years.
2. He was a very learned person with great skills in Veda, Shastra, apart from English. He was working at Sub Registrar Office in his poorvashrama.
3. He had a great retention ability and never opened the book for the second time
4. His episode of Sudha Mangala (graduation ceremony) at Tiruchanoor Sabha with Sri Satya Dhyana Theertharu is a “must tell” story where the examiners were put to test. He was fecilitated by the UM SrigaLu during Sudha Mangala
5. One of his miracles is still existing at Chikkanayakana Halli, where he was transferred. There was a dispute on well water which was at Vishnu Temple and they did not allow Shiva Temple Archakas to fetch water. He got a new well dug at Shiva temple upon which all the water from the other well came into this. Today it is called “Sub Registrar Dwaipayanacharyara Bhavi”
6. He was also an expert in Mathematics – Trignometry and Logarithms, He used to teach many students for their BSc exams
7. He spent most of his time in Mulbagal only.
Due to ill health and increasing age he nominated Sri Hebbani Krishnamurthacharya as his successor in 1955 and named him as Sir Satyanidhi Theertha. He meditated for several years and in 1962 he entered Vrindavana on Margashira shudha trayodashi.
(Source – Sripadaraja Mutt)