Akshaya Triteeya is the Yugadi Day for Tretaayuga(Kartheeka Shukla Navami – Kruthayuga Yugadi, Maagha Amaavasye – Dwapara yuga Yugaadi Bhadrapada Krishna Trayodashi – Kaliyuga Yugadi Chaitra Shukla paadya – Starting Day of Srushti)
Akshaya Triteeya – Akshaya indicates “it does not have kshaya”. Meaning the punya got from yajna, yaajana daana will be hundreds times when compared to the punya performed.
This is one “swayamssidda” auspious day. There are 3 1/2 muhoorthas termed as “Swayamsidda”. Vijayadashami, Yugaadi, and Akshayatruteeya and on balipadyami half muhoortha. On these days, dinashuddi, Vaarashuddi, Nakshatra, karanaadi shuddi need not be enquired. We can perform Upanayana, Aksharaabhyaasa, devara prathiste, Borewell digging, annaprashana etc. without looking for Panchanga. Akshaya Triteeya day, tarpana adhikarigalu should give Tarpana as it is yugadhi day.
- On Akshaya Triteeya Day snaana, japa, homa, svaadhyaaya, pitru tarpana, daana all will give Akshaya phala.
- It is on this day that Sri Vedavyasa devaru began his composition of Sri Mahabharatha.
- It is on this day that Paandavaas received Akshaya Paathra from Sri Krishna paramathma
- This is the Day on which Paramathma made the srusti ofMandodari (One among the Pancha pathivratheyaru)with the Gandha
- It is on this day that Sudama (Kuchela) visited Srikrishna carrying Avalakki with the intention of asking something. But could not ask anything with Sri Krishna.
The significance of the three and half auspicious days is that there is no need to look for auspicious time. Each second on the day is highly auspicious. The day is chosen for marriages, house warming, opening of new business and shops and for making investment in property and valuable items like gold, platinum, diamonds etc.
- As per traditional Hindu astrology, the Sun (Surya) and Moon (Chandra) are astrologically believed to be at their most exalted position on the day.
Gold purchase on Akshaya Triteeya – Now a days, there is a trend in the market that on “Akshaya Tirteeya” day, the people are running after jewel shops for purchase of various ornaments. They have a belief that whatever bought on this day will make their wealth richer. But it is not so. There is no such saying anywhere in any purana as to the increase of the wealth. Our Shaastraas say that on this day, one has to do yajna, yaajana, daana and pratigraha, which makes their punya akshaya. As such, please do not go after purchase of gold, instead one has to make daana or do some saatvika krama.
Gandha Lepana –
Gandha Lepana to devaru will be very auspious on this day.
In Shakambari Nagara Rayara Mutt, Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Devaru, Mukhyapranadevaru and Raayara Vrundavana will have special Gandhalepana.
Seva Kanike Rs.25/–
For online remittance for Gandha Lepana you can directly credit to :
|Account Name||Sumadhwa Seva Samithi Trust|
|SB A/c No||007400101033408|