ಶುಕಶಾಸ್ತ್ರ ಸುಧಾಂಭೋಧಿ ಚರಂತಂ ಹಂಸಪುಂಗವಂ |
ವಿದ್ಯಾವಾಚಸ್ಪತಿಂ ವಂದೇ ಶ್ರೀ ಕೃಷ್ಣಪದಸಂಶ್ರಿತಮ್ |
शुकशास्त्र सुधांभोधि चरंतं हंसपुंगवं ।
विद्यावाचस्पतिं वंदे श्री कृष्णपदसंश्रितम् ।
Click for Kannada PDF File on Vidya Vachaspathi Tirtharu
shukashaastra sudhaaMbhOdhi charaMtaM haMsapuMgavaM |
vidyaavaachaspatiM vaMdE shrI kRuShNapadasaMshritam |
Punyadina – Kartika Maasa shukla paksha dwaadashi
Sri Vidya Vachaspathi Tirtharu
- Vrundavana at Tirumakoodalu
- Vrundavana Pravesha – Kartika Shudda Ekadashi
- Birth – 14.10.1923 @ Talakadu
- Janma naama – Sri G N Jayatirthacharyaru
- Father – Bhagavatha Saptaha Rathna Gumballi Narasimhamurthachar
- Mother – Smt Lakshminarasamma
- Balya Snehitaru – Sri Vidya Payonidhi Tirtharu (in his poorvashrama), Sri S N Ramachandrachar (my father), etc.
- Vidya Gurugalu – His father sri Narasimhamurthachar
- Langauages known – Kannada, Sanskrit, English, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi
Awards Conferred on him :- Sakala Bhasha Prabhanjana, Purusha Saraswathi, Matatraya Bhashya Pravachana Bhaskara, Vedashastra bhooshana, sakala shastra tatva ratna, sakala shastra pandita rathna, shata shaastra pandita ratna, sanchaari Granthalaya, soori soorya, Geetopanyaasa visharada, etc.
- Those who have done the sanmana and given the awards include –
Mantralaya Sreepadaru, Palghat Vidvat Mandali, King of Kochin, Kanchi Kama koti Peeta, Mysore Maharaja, Tanjavooru Maharaja, tiruvankore Maharaja. This is only a sample list. There are more than 100 others apart from the list given.
- He has done not less than 2000 Bhagavatha Saptaha at various places
- He has done not less than 1000 Geetopanyaasa
He was an expert in Pravachana of “Tiruppaavai”, a Tamil Vyakhyana on Bhagavatha.
Even during his other Upanyaasas, he used to quote many narrations from Tiruppavai, that was his knowledge about Tamil grantha.
Ashrama Sweekara – 26.8.1997
Ashrama Gurugalu – Sri Vidya Payonidhi Tirtharu
- Ashrama Shishyaru – Sri Vidya Manohara Tirtharu
Successor – Sri Vidya Sreesha Tirtharu and Sri Vidya Vijaya Tirtharu
- His contribution – Sri Kaveri Vaibhavam – see below