sri vEdEsha gurum vandE yaadavaaryagurOrgurum |
ಶ್ರೀ ವೇದೇಶ ಗುರುಂ ವಂದೇ ಯಾದವಾರ್ಯಗುರೋರ್ಗುರುಮ್ |
श्री वेदेश गुरुं वंदे यादवार्यगुरोर्गुरुम् ।
శ్రీ వేదేశ గురుం వందే యాదవార్యగురోర్గురుమ్ |
- Sri Vedesha Tirtharu is the direct disciple of Sri Raghottama Tirtharu of Uttaradimutt,
- He is the vidya Gurugalu of Sri Yadavaryaru, who is also his brother
- His Vrundavana is at Manuru.
- Poorvashrama name – Seenappa Nayak son of Raghappa Nayak
- Even though he took ashrama from Raghottama Tirtharu, he did not took the peeta of Uttaradhi mutt. That is why his name is not found in the Parampare list of Uttaradimutt. Since he was a bidi sanyasi, i.e., without any Mutt Peetadhipathitwa, he never called himself Tirtharu. It is very clearly written on the title of the book that this was written by VEDESHA BHIKSHU and not TEERTHARU. .
He had taught the following Shloka to his Shishyaru Sri Yadavaryaru :
agratO naarasimhashcha, pruShThatO gOpInaMdanaH |
ubhayoH pArshvayOrAstAM sasharau rAmalakShmaNau |
Lakshmi Narasimha is protecting me from front, Krishna is protecting me from behind, Rama and lakshmana are protecting me from either sides.He was chanting the shloka all the times.
Once, when Yadavaryaru was a trader, who was dealing gold ornaments, some thieves who came to attack Yadavaryaru for theft of the gold and jewellery of the pooja items which he was carrying, ran away. They had seen four strong men protecting him, which Yadavaryaru himself could not see. As the thieves who came to rob him ran away, some people asked him as to who are all behind him. Then he went to his gurugalu and asked him as to who are all there near him. Then gurugalu told him that it is because of the importance of the shloka which he was chanting Narasimha devaru, and krishna roopi paramathma were protecting him from front and back and rama and lakshma were protecting on his sides. Thus he was protected on all the sides.
Grantha by Sri Vedesha Tirtharu := Chandogya Bhashya Teeka
Some of the stotras where Sri Yadavaryaru, the famous Commentarian on Bhagavatha has praised Sri Vedesha Tirtharu can be found in the attachment :-