Vrundavana @ MulbagiluAshrama – He has taken Ashrama in front of Mruttika Vrundavana of Rayaru at Hampapura – on Nandana Samvatsara Maagha Shudda Panchami. He got the name Devendra Tirtha – which is swapna labda.
He got his first Bhiksha at Hanasoge Village Ashrama sweekara – 1952-53 – Nandana samvatsara magha shudda panchami
Vrundavana pravesha – 28.9.1994 – Bhava samvatsara bhadrapada bahula Navami punarvasu nakshatra day
Upadesha from Sri Satyapramoda Tirtharu @ Malakheda – He had taken Sanyasa in front of Rayaru’s mruttika vrundavana by Chanting Pranava Mantra with samarpana of coconut to Rayaru . After a couple of years after his sanyasa deeksha, he went to Malakheda where in the sannidhana of Sri Jayatirtharu, Sri Satyapramodaru readily agreed to give Guru upadesha – gave pranavaadi mahamantra upadesha . He also did the shanthi paata samarpana there.
ದೇವೇಂದ್ರಾಖ್ಯಗುರೂನ್ ವಂದೇ ತತ್ವಜ್ಞಾನಾರ್ಥಸಿದ್ಧಯೇ | रामचंद्रपदासक्तान् यतींद्रैरपि मानितान् ।
देवेंद्राख्यगुरून् वंदे तत्वज्ञानार्थसिद्धये । raamachaMdrapadaasaktaan yatIMdrairapi maanitaan |
dEvEMdraaKyagurUn vaMdE tatvaj~jaanaarthasiddhayE | Janma naama – Venkataramanacharya Idols worshipped – Sri Krishnacharyaru who did the pourohitya of his sanyasashrama gave the seer Sri Dheerendra Tirtha Karaarchita Ramadevara pratime. Sri Satyapramoda Tirtharu while giving upadesha gave him Hayagreeva Devara pratime. He had the idol of Dhanvantari which was worshipped earlier by Sagarakatte Pradyumna Tirtharu. In 1977, he got a new place in Mysore Ramanuja Road for construction of Mutt – called “Devendra Tirtha Mutt”. In 1978, he brought the Mruttika Vrundavana @ Hampapura and did the kalakarshana did the pratistapane at Mysore Devendra Tirtha Mutt.
Vidya Gurugalu –Sri Chaturvedi Ramachandracharyaru – Srimanyaya sudhaada & Vyasatraya
Sri Kashi Praneshacharya – Sumadhwa Vijaya
Sri Madurai Madhwacharyaru –
Sri Kaulagi Nagarajacharyaru – VyaKarana
Sri S Narasimhamurthacharyaru (my grand father) – Sarvamoola shaanthi paaTa
Vidya Shishyaru –Sri Raghunandan Acharyaru ( Sri Vishwanandana Tirtharu) Sri S N Ramachandracharyaru (my father) Sri Pushkaracharyaru (Sri Vidya Vijaya Tirtharu) Sri Sagarakatte Junior Swamiji
and many more
Sri Devendra Tirtharu relied on “Sumadhva Vijaya” for all his decisions. The Devendra Tirtha Mutt is in Mysore near to Uttaradi Mutt, Mysore. During his period only, he did the prathistapane of Sri Rayaru in his Mutt. His pooja idol was Rama Devaru, which had the pooja by Sri Dheerendra Tirtharu.
Before his Vrundavana Pravesha, i.e., before his last breath, he was looking for a place for his Vrundavana. Then Sri Vignananidhi Tirtha Sripadangalavaru of Sripadaraja Mutt came forward to provide a place for vrundavana at Narasimha Tirtha in Mulbagilu, and Sri Devendra Tirtha Mutt is now one of the branches of Sri Sripadaraja Mutt. Sri Vignananidhi Tirtharu has arranged daily pooja for Sri Devendra Tirtharu at Mulbagilu.
Bhagavatha Pravachana for 18 years – Once he did the Srimadbhagavatha Pravachana for 18 years. He had such depth of knowledge of Bhagavatha – Each time he used to tell different artha for Bhagavatha.
Every year during Madhwanavami he used to do upanyasa of Sumadhwavijaya, during Vasantha Navarathri Ramayana, during Sharannavarathri Srinivasa kalyana – Each year he used to give different, extra meaning for the same. Added to these upanyasas, he used to give vyakyana of atleast one Bhagavatha Shloka.
His upanyasa procedure – One of his shishyas used to chant the shloka – Swamiji used to give the pravachana – He never used to have any vyakyana, grantha with him for reference. He had a such good depth in upanyasa.
He had profound knowledge of Jyotishya, Dharmashastra, meemansa.
Mantra siddi – He was doing the upasana of Dhanvantri. If any body comes and tells that he has any decease, he used to give him “sugar” after abhimantrana to Dhanvantri. In a very short time, the decease would be removed. That was his siddi.
Dharma deekshe – Because of his age, his eyes got cateract problem. Doctors suggested him to have operation. The procedure for operation shall be after operation, he is not supposed to have head bath for seven days. Devendra Tirtharu told “I can’t leave japa, snaana even for a single day. I dont require operation. Even though I can’t see the books, no problem. What I have read in the past itself is sufficient. I can’t take food in the doctor’s cloth covered”. That was his dharma deekshe.
Udupi Ananteshwara is Srihari only – Once Sri Vijayeendra Murthy named pandit was having a discussion. Here is the summary of the discussion.
Vijayeendra Murthy – Ananteswara in Udupi is Shiva.
Swamiji – What is the proof?
Vijayeendra Murthy – In Tirthaprabandha it is mentioned “shaiveeM shilamaashritya shobatE”. As such Ananteswara Pratime is shiva related shila. And as such Ananteswara is Shiva only.
Swamiji – In the same shloka, it is mentioned “as he is shivantaryami, Srihari is in Shaiveeshaile”. In the next stanza, as Shiva would get “Sheshapadavi”, Sheshashayana Srihari is in Linga shile. As such, Ananteswara is Vishnu only.
Vijayeendra Murthy – Had it been a vishnu pratime, it shall have arms, foot, etc. It is in lingakaara. He is shiva
Swamiji – Our ರುಬ್ಬುವ ಗುಂಡೂ (grinder) also is in Lingakaara. It is also Shiva?
Vijayeendra Murthy – In Ananteswara, “Eswara” is there. He is shiv
Swamiji – Then In Gomateswara also “Eswara” is there. He also should been Shiva.
Finally swamiji concluded, in the past, Vishnu himself came to please “Madhava” named Brahmana.
Works of Sri Devendra Tirthara
1) Amrutavaani – PDF File – click
2) Drustaantagalu –pdf file – click
3) Vishnu Vratha Vimarshe – Gokalashtami, Ekadashi acharana
4) Sukha – What is sukha, Dukha, and related issues.
Devendra Tirtharu on Taratamya : A group of people under the influence of a great kannada poet, condemned the “Taratamya chintana” of Madhwa Shastra in public. Many protest programmes were conducted by eminent Madhwa pandits to condemn Madhwa Matha. Sri Devendra Tirtharu called those people and explained the concept of Taratamya. The seer clarified them “jaati (ಜಾತಿ) that is nothing but what we call as Classification in English. He further told that there is various groups in insects, trees, fruits, animals, birds. When there is groups in these dumb features, why can’t we have groups?. He further narrated we call Good & Bad in English. The same we call it as per shastra as saatvika, raajasa, taamasa. Further, the intelligence in different students studying in the same school differs. Even if we try, their beauty, strength, also there will be difference. This is nothing but taaratamya. He questioned them. This Taratamya is universally accepted. Had it not been universal, then what is the necessity of comparitive degree, superelative degree.
Devendra Tirtharu on Ekadashi –1. A Vishnu Bhaktha must observe the following practices compulsarily. They are – a) Ekadashi Upavasa (If not done, Droha of Srihari) b) Gopichandana Dharana (Yama Bhaya Nivruthi) c) Bhagavadbhakta’s Seva (For Jnaana Sadhana) ವಿಷ್ಣುಭಕ್ತರಿಂದ ಅವಶ್ಯ ಅನುಷ್ಟೇಯಗಳು ಮೂರು – ಅವುಗಳೆಂದರೆ ಅ) ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಉಪವಾಸ (ಇಲ್ಲದಿದ್ದರೆ ದೇವರ ದ್ರೋಹ) ಆ) ಗೋಪೀಚಂದನ ಧಾರಣ (ಯಮಭಯನಿವೃತ್ತಿ) ಮತ್ತು ಇ) ಭಗವದ್ಭಕ್ತರ ಸೇವಾ (ಜ್ಞಾನಸಾಧನ) 2. During Ashoucha also Ekadashi must be observed but not Vishnu panchaka. 3. On which Ekadashi it is unfit for Bhojana, it is not fit for Shraddha also. In such cases, Ekadashi to be observed on Dashami day itself. 4. If one does Rajaparatha, he can’t eat, he can’t get proper sleep. But people are doing aparadha to Srihari himself by not observing Ekadashi, and are doing nice bhojana and sleep.
Sri Devendra Tirtharu was called as “Drustaanta Tirtharu” ( Man of valuable examples). He was giving valuable examples for all Madhwa Philosophy. Some of the Drustaanthaas which he was telling during his Upanyasa are :
1. Dwaitha & Advaitha are like Parallel Lines ದ್ವೈತ ಅದ್ವೈತ ತತ್ವಗಳು ಸಮಾನಾಂತರ ರೇಖೆಗಳಂತೆ
The Parallel lines seems to be nearer to each line. But no two parallel lines ever meet each other. Similarly Dwaitha & Advaitha principles both move together. ಸಮಾನಾಂತರ ರೇಖೆಗಳು ಒಂದಕ್ಕೊಂದು ಹತ್ತಿರವೇ ಇರಬಹುದು. ಆದರೆ ಎಂದೂ ಒಂದನ್ನು ಒಂದು ಮುಟ್ಟುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ಅದರಂತೆ ದ್ವೈತ – ಅದ್ವೈತಗಳು ಮೋಕ್ಷದವರೆಗೂ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ಬರುತ್ತವೆ, ಎಂದರೆ ದ್ವೈತಿಗಳು ಎಷ್ಟು ವೈಕುಂಠಕ್ಕೆ ಹತ್ತಿರ ಹೋಗಿದ್ದರೂ, ಎಚ್ಚರ ತಪ್ಪಿದರೆ ಅದ್ವೈತವಾದಕ್ಕೆ ಮೋಹಗೊಳ್ಳುವ ಹೊತ್ತು ಬರುತ್ತದೆ. ಆದರೆ ದ್ವೈತ-ಅದ್ವೈತಗಳು ಎಂದೂ ಸಮಾನಾಂತರ ರೇಖೆಗಳಿದ್ದಂತೆ ಎಂದೂ ಒಂದಾಗುವುದಿಲ್ಲ.
2. Select the correct route and the vehicle – In the Railway Station, one Railway Staff will be guiding us to which train we have to sit depending on the place of journey we have taken the ticket. Similarly it is the duty of a Madhwa Seer to guide properly to enable him to select the Route. If we are sitting in the correct train we will reach our desired destination, lest we will be reaching some other station. As such, one has to sit in Madhwarayara Train to reach Mukthi Marga, otherwise if we sit in Sankaraadi Train it may result in a bad Marga.
ರೈಲ್ವೇ ನಿಲ್ದಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಒಬ್ಬ ಪೇದೆಯು ನಿಂತು ಇದು ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನ ಗಾಡಿ, ಇದು ದೆಹಲಿಯ ಗಾಡಿ ಎಂದು ನಮಗೆ ಸರಿಯಾದ ರೈಲನ್ನು ಹತ್ತಲು ಸಹಕರುವಂತೆ, ಮಾಧ್ವ ಸನ್ಯಾಸಿಗಳ ಜವಾಬ್ದಾರಿ ಏನೆಂದರೆ, ಸಜ್ಜನರಿಗೆ ಇದು ಮುಕ್ತಿಗೆ ಕರೆದುಕೊಂಡು ಹೋಗುವ ಮಧ್ವರಾಯರ ಗಾಡಿ, ಇಲ್ಲಿಯೇ ಕುಳಿತುಕೊಳ್ಳಿ ಎಂದು ಸರಿಯಾದ ಗಾಡಿಯನ್ನೇ ತೋರಿಸಬೇಕು. ಸರಿಯಾದ ಗಾಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕುಳಿತುಬಿಟ್ಟರೆ ತಡವಾಗಿಯಾದರೂ ಗುರಿಯನ್ನು ಮುಟ್ಟುತ್ತೇವೆ, ಇಲ್ಲದಿದ್ದರೆ ತಪ್ಪುದಾರಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಾಗಿ ಕಷ್ಠಕ್ಕೆ ಒಳಗಾಗುತ್ತೇವೆ. ಹಾಗೇ, ಮಧ್ವರಾಯರ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕುಳಿತುಕೊಳ್ಳದೆ, ಸಂಕರಾದಿ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕುಳಿತು ಬಿಟ್ಟರೆ ಅನರ್ಥಕ್ಕೆ ಒಳಗಾಗುತ್ತೇವೆ.
3. Thieves gives Chacolate and snatch Gold – Thieves distribute Chacolate and snatch Golden necklace from the people. Similarly science, has provided us Electricity, Machines, Computers and all other facilities for our luxury at the cost of Shastra Belief.
ಕಳ್ಳರು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಕೈಗೆ ಮಿಠಾಯಿಯನ್ನು ಕೊಟ್ಟು ಬಂಗರದ ಸರವನ್ನು ಅಪಹರಿಸುತ್ತಾರೆ, ಹಾಗೆ ವಿಜ್ಞಾನವಾದವು ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಚಕ್ತಿ, ಯಂತ್ರಗಳು ಮೊದಲಾದ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯವನ್ನು ಒದಗಿಸಿ, ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರ ನಂಬಿಕೆಯನ್ನು ಅಪಹರಿಸಿತು.
4. Yamadoothaas punishing the vishnu dweshis and vishnu bhaktas –
In the School, when the students are making lot of disturbances, noices, the teacher goes on hitting the students. In between if the Head Master’s son is also there, he can’t hit him like other students. While hitting, he will hit him very lightly and moves ahead. Similarly when Vishnu bhaktaas does some paapaas, Yamadharmaraja punishes them with slight punishments. For that we have to dharana of Gopichandana, which is Vaishnava symbol.
ಶಾಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಹುಡುಗರು ಗಲಾಟೆ ಮಾಡುವಾಗ, ಅಧ್ಯಾಪಕರು ಎಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಹೊಡೆಯುತ್ತಾ ಬರುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಅದರ ಮಧ್ಯೆ ಮುಖ್ಯೋಪಾಧ್ಯಾಯನ ಮಗನೂ ಸೇರಿದ್ಧರೆ, ಹೊಡೆಯದೇ ಇರುವಂತಿಲ್ಲ. ಹೊಡೆಯುವ ಹಾಗಿಲ್ಲ. ಆಗ ಮಿಕ್ಕವರಿಗೆ ಹೊಡೆದಂತೆ ಹೊಡೆಯದೇ ಮೆಲ್ಲಗೆ ಹೊಡೆದು ಮುಂದುಹೋಗುತ್ತಾನೆ. ಹಾಗೆ, ದೇವರ ಭಕ್ತರು ಪಾಪವನ್ನು ಮಾಡಿದ್ದಾಗ, ಯಮದೇವರು ಅಭಕ್ತರನ್ನು ಶಿಕ್ಷಿಸುವಂತೆ ಶಿಕ್ಷಿಸದೆ ಕರುಣೆಯನ್ನು ತೋರಿಸುತ್ತಾರೆ. ನಾವು ದೇವರ ಭಕ್ತರೆಂದು ತೋರಿಸಲು ಗೋಪೀಚಂದನವನ್ನು ಧರಿಸಬೇಕು. ಇದು ವೈಷ್ಣವರ ಚಿಹ್ನೆ.
5. Don’t eat in Hotels – We will not be taking Panchagavya daily. Even if we are taking it once in a year, the entire asthigatha paapa will be removed. Similarly even if we are not drinking Coffee in Hotels daily, even if we take it once, the paapa can be asthigatha. As such, don’t go to hotels.
ಪಂಚಗವ್ಯವನ್ನು ನಿತ್ಯವೂ ತೆಗೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ವರ್ಷಕ್ಕೊಮ್ಮೆ ತೆಗೆದುಕೊಂಡು ಅಸ್ಥಿಗತವಾದ ಪಾಪವೂ ಹೋಯಿತೆಂದು ಭಾವಿಸುತ್ತೇವೆ. ಅದರಂತೆ ನಿತ್ಯವೂ ಹೋಟೆಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಫಿ ಕುಡಿಯದಿದ್ದರೂ, ವರ್ಷಕ್ಕೊಮ್ಮೆ ಕುಡಿದರೂ ಅದು ಅಸ್ಥಿಗತವಾಗಿ ಬಿಡುತ್ತದೆ. ಜಾತಿಯನ್ನು ಕೆಡಿಸಲು ಅಷ್ಟು ಸಾಕು
6. Paropakaaraarthamidam shareeram – Trees do not live for themselves. They will face Cold, Rain, Wind, Heat and controls them for others, We must try to learn to live like trees, helping others.
ಮರಗಳು ತಮಗೋಸ್ಕರ ಬದುಕುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ತಾವು ಛಳಿ, ಮಳೆ, ಗಾಳಿ, ಬಿಸಿಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಹಿಸಿಕೊಂಡು, ಬೇರೆಯವರಿಗೆ ಛಳಿ, ಗಾಳಿ, ಮಳೆ, ಬಿಸಿಲನ್ನು ತಡೆಯುತ್ತವೆ. ಅದರಂತೆ ನಾವು ಪರೋಪಕ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೋಸ್ಕರ ಬದುಕುವುದನ್ನು ಕಲಿಯಬೇಕು.
7. Harinama smarane is the only remedy for all sins – ಎಲ್ಲ ಪಾಪಗಳಿಗೂ ಹರಿನಾಮವೊಂದೇ ಮದ್ದು –
For all diseases penashia is the remedy. It does not mean that others are vain. Similarly for all sins, Harinama smarane is the real prayaschitta. Ofcourse for some sins, theertha prashana, panchagavya prashana are remedies. But Harinamasmarane can remove all sins.
ಎಲ್ಲ ಪಾಪಗಳಿಗೂ ಹರಿನಾಮವೊಂದೇ ಮದ್ದು – ಎಲ್ಲ ರೋಗಗಳಿಗೂ ಒಂದೇ ಔಷಧವಿದ್ದರೆ ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ಆಂಗ್ಲಭಾಷೆಯಲ್ಲಿ “ಪೆನಾಷಿಯ” ಎನ್ನುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಹಾಗೆಂದ ಮಾತ್ರಕ್ಕೆ ಇತರ ಔಷಧಿಗಳು ವ್ಯರ್ಥವೇನಲ್ಲ. ಆಯಾಯಾ ರೋಗಕ್ಕೆ ಚಿಕಿತ್ಸಕವಾದ ಆಯಾಯಾ ಔಷಧಿಗಳನ್ನು ಉಪಯೋಗಿಸಲು ಬರುತ್ತದೆ. ಅದರಂತೆ, ಎಲ್ಲ ಪಾಪಗಳಿಗೂ ಹರಿನಾಮ ಸ್ಮರಣೆಯು ಪ್ರಾಯಶ್ಚಿತ್ತ ರೂಪವಾದುದು ನಿಜವಾದರೂ, ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರೋಕ್ತ ಪ್ರಾಯಶ್ಚಿತ್ತಗಳಿಗೆ ವೈಯರ್ಥ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ತೀರ್ಥದಷ್ಠು ಪವಿತ್ರವಾದದ್ದು ಯಾವುದೂ ಇಲ್ಲ ಆದರೂ ವಿಧಿಯಂತೆ ಪಂಚಗವ್ಯವನ್ನು ತೆಗೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುವುದಿಲ್ಲವೇ? ಅದರಂತೆ ಎಂದು ತಿಳಿಯಬೇಕು.
8. Sugar will not be sweat for some – Dog will not like Sugar. It likes bones, and it bites and eats and bones and while biting sometimes blood will come out of its own mouth, and that it will chew the blood and feels happy. Similarly for those who are not having bhagavad bhakthi Srimadbhagavatha will not be tasty.
ನಾಯಿಗೆ ಕಲ್ಲು ಸಕ್ಕರೆ ರುಚಿಸುವುದಿಲ್ಲ, ಕಂಡ ಕಂಡ ಎಲುಬನ್ನು ಕಚ್ಚಿ ತನ್ನ ಬಾಯಲ್ಲಿ ರಕ್ತ ಬಂದರೆ, ತನ್ನ ರಕ್ತವನ್ನೇ ಸವಿಯುತ್ತಾ ಹಿಗ್ಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅದರಂತೆ, ಭಗವದ್ಭಕ್ತಿ ಇಲ್ಲದವರಿಗೆ ಶ್ರೀಮದ್ಭಾಗವತವು ರುಚಿಸುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ಶುಷ್ಕತರ್ಕವನ್ನು ಅಭ್ಯಸಿಸುತ್ತಾ ಅದೇ ಸುಖಕರವೆಂದು ಭ್ರಾಂತರಾಗುತ್ತಾರೆ.
9. Interest will be compounding – If the instalment and interest on loan is not repaid in time, it will grow and interest on interest will be charged at compounded rate, and penalty will be charged. Similarly if we are not doing the prayaschitta for the sins, the sins will grow and grow in high volume.
ಸಾಲವನ್ನು ಬೇಗ ಕಟ್ಟದೇ ಹೋದರೆ ಬಡ್ಡಿಯು ಬೆಳೆಯುತ್ತಾ ಹೋಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅದರಂತೆ ಪಾಪಕ್ಕೆ ಬೇಗ ಪ್ರಾಯಶ್ಚಿತ್ತವನ್ನು ಮಾಡಿಕೊಳ್ಳದೇ ಹೋದರೆ ಪ್ರಾಯಶ್ಚಿತ್ತವು ಜಾಸ್ತಿಯಾಗುತ್ತಾ ಹೋಗುತ್ತದೆ.
10. Vairaagya – Devataas have svaabhavika (natural) vairagya; Rushi munees have vairagya through upadesha; people do have vairagya after difficulties;
11. Dhooparathi, and Ekarathi done before Naivedya is agrahya. Because it is for daityochattana.
12. During Kaliyuga – the phala for paapa karma is minimum but for punyakarma – the phala is more. Because for paapa karma there is lot of encouragement in kaliyuga. Kali, the number one amongst the paapi is the king. As such, due to his presence, the paapa karma done by the jeevi will be counted with minimum sin. We have so many obstacles for doing punya karya in kaliyuga. As such, if we are doing the punya, it will have more punya.
13. Sarvakarma parityaga is not imposed by Shastra. Shastra impose ban on nishiddakama. As such, we must not do nishidda kaamaas.
14. If we do naivedya samarpana, Srihari only sees it. If we do vaishwadeva, he does the sparsha of it. If you arrange for the bhojana of brahmanas, he will accept it from his mouth.
15. Brahmanas must accept the daans offered to them through agni tirtha in his right hand. But sanyasi must never accept daana through hand directly as he has agni nashta.
16. During night time curds and ganji is nishidda.
17. During soothaka, or vruddhi streesanga is nishidda. During such time if garbotpatti is there, the entire vamsha will be apavitra.
18. As per Vijayadwajeeya vyakyana brahmana paadodaka is panarha. As such gurupadodaka is grahya.
19. Ajnaana is of three types. viz., 1) Self ajnana, 2) paramathma ajnana, 3) relation between self and paramathma ajnana. This leads to samsara.
20. Parastree sanga leads to Narakadyanartha hethu. If you desire about Rushyadi Stree – it leads to Tamohethu. Similarly daityastree kamana is also tamo hethu.
21. There are four sins which are more dangerous than panchamapataka viz., 1) Harivismruti, 2) Mityajnana, 3) Ayogyopadesha 4) Svottamadroha
22. Some people say that antha shoucha is sufficient. Some say bahya shoucha is sufficient. Both are idiots. Antha shoucha and bahya shoucha is a must.
23. During exigencies (aapatkaala), even if we take nishiddanna sevane, shastrokta prayaschitta is a must.
24. We must test Guru and accept shishyatva in a guru. After accepting shishyatva we must not have avishwasa on that guru. If he have avishwasa (no confidence) , the vidya will not be fruitful.
25. Srihari is the Mukya Guru. Then Vayudevaru. Then those harivayubhaktaru who have the blessings of Vayudevaru are gurugalu with sannidhanakramanusara.
(Source – Collection from my father S N Ramachandrachar’s chintana; Collection from various articles by paramapoojya Sri Vishwanandana Tirtha Sripadangalavaru in various books.). For full life history of Sri Devendra Tirtharu please refer
“ಶ್ರೀ ಶ್ರೀ ದೇವೇಂದ್ರತೀರ್ಥ ಶ್ರೀಪಾದರ ಜೀವನ ಚರಿತ್ರೆ” ( “shrI shrI dEvEMdratIrtha shrIpaadara jIvana charitre”) by Sri Vishwanandana Tirtharu, available at Shamyaprasa prakashana, No.32, IV Main Road, Sarvabhoumanagar, Bangalore – 560061, Ph 080-26395107)
1 CommentAdd a Comment
It is God’s grace I was able to go through above information. I was fortunate to visit Sri devendra thirtha mutt at Mysore and had darshan on swamiji. My grateful thanks. Dwarakanath.