Sri BRAHMANYA THIRTHA SREEPADANGALAVARU
Vrundavana – Abboor
Aradhana – Vaishaka Krishna Ekaadashi
Ashrama Gurugalu – Sri Purushottama Thirtharu
Ashrama Shishyaru – Sri Vyasarajaru
ಕಂಸಧ್ವಂಸಿಪದಾಂಭೋಜ ಸಂಸಕ್ತೋ ಹಂಸಪುಂಗವ: |
ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯಗುರುರಾಜಾಖ್ಯೋ ವರ್ತತಾಂ ಮಮ ಮಾನಸೇ ||
Kamsadhwamsi padaambhOja samsaktO hamsapungava: |
brahmaNyagururaajaakYO vartataam mama maanasE |
(ಶ್ರೀ ವ್ಯಾಸರಾಜರು – ತಾತ್ಪರ್ಯಚಂದ್ರಿಕಾದಲ್ಲಿ)
ಸಮುತ್ಸಾರ್ಯತಮ:ಸ್ತೋಮಂ ಸನ್ಮಾರ್ಗ ಸಂಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ಯಚ |
ಸದಾ ವಿಷ್ಣುಪದಾಸಕ್ತಂ ಸೇವೇ ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯಭಾಸ್ಕರಮ್ ||
samutsaaratama:stOmam sanmaarga samprakaashyacha |
sadaavishNupadaasaktam sEvE brahmaNya bhaaskaram|
(ಶ್ರೀ ವ್ಯಾಸರಾಜರು – ನ್ಯಾಯಾಮೃತದಲ್ಲಿ)
ಮಾಧ್ವ ಪರಂಪರೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಂಡುಬಂದ ಮಹಾ ಶ್ರೇಷ್ಠ ಯತಿಗಳ ಯಾದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಣುವ ಶ್ರೀ ವ್ಯಾಸರಾಜರನ್ನು ಗುರುತಿಸಿ ಆಶ್ರಮ ನೀಡಿದವರೇ ಅಬ್ಬೂರಿನ ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯತೀರ್ಥರು. ಆಚಾರ್ಯ ಮಧ್ವರ ಪರಂಪರೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಶ್ರೀಪದ್ಮನಾಭತೀರ್ಥ, ನರಹರಿತೀರ್ಥ, ಮಾಧವತೀರ್ಥರು ಮತ್ತು ಅಕ್ಷೋಭ್ಯತೀರ್ಥರು, ನಂತರ ಜಯತೀರ್ಥರು, ವಿಧ್ಯಾಧಿರಾಜರು, ರಾಜೇಂದ್ರತೀರ್ಥರು, ಜಯಧ್ವಜತೀರ್ಥರ ನಂತರ ಪುರುಷೋತ್ತಮತೀರ್ಥರಿಂದ ಅಶ್ರಮ ಸ್ವೀಕರಿಸಿದ ಮಹಾನುಭಾವರೇ ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯತೀರ್ಥರು. ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯತೀರ್ಥರ ಕಾಲ ೧೪೪೩ರಿಂದ ೧೪೬೭. ನರಸಿಂಹನೆಂಬ ಜನ್ಮನಾಮದಿಂದ ಅಬ್ಬೂರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಜನಿಸಿ, ೮ನೇ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಉಪನಯನಗೊಂಡು, ಶ್ರೀ ಪುರುಷೋತ್ತಮತೀರ್ಥರಿಗೆ ಸ್ವಪ್ನಸೂಚಿತವಾಗಿ ನರಸಿಂಹನಿಗೆ ಸನ್ಯಾಸವನ್ನು ನೀಡಿ “ಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯತೀರ್ಥ”ರೆಂದು ಪ್ರಸಿದ್ಧರಾದರು.
- Miracles by Brahmanya Thirtharu -
Birth of Sri Vysarajaru – Once when Brahmanya Thirtharu was on tour in Bannur, Raamacharya, an aged brahmin died on his way to Gangasnaana. Ramacharya’s wife wanted wanted to do “Sahagamana” with her husband and came to Swamiji for seeking Brahmanya Theertha Seer’s permission for doing so. But Brahmanya Thirtharu, even before her seeking permission told her “Dheerga sumangalee bhava”. Seeing all pandits were surprised. Then they appraised him of the situation. But Swamiji told “It is told by Gopalakrishna Devaru, and he will survive and he will be shataayushi and would have two children”. Saying this, Swamiji gave her “mantrodaka”. As soon as she came near the dead body of her husband she did the “prokshana” of Mantrodaka given by the seer and Ramachar got up as if he is getting up from sleep. Afterwards, Sri Vyasarajaru was born to the aged parents and he was handed over to the Mutt.
- Malur - Once there lived a king named Thimmarasa. He had a son named Sarangadhara. When Sarangadhara’s mother died, Thimmarasa, even though he was aged, he married another Rajakumari. But Rajakumari as she was young, she was not happy with the marriage. She wanted to have Sarangadhara (her husband’s first wife’s son) for her sexual satisfaction. When Sarangadhara rejected her request she told her husband that Sarangadhara tried to rape her. Then the king ordered his servants to cut his son into pieces and through him in the Kanva River. The servants obeyed the kings orders. Sri Brahmanya Thirtharu happened to visit the Kanva river for his “ahneeka” and he saw the Prince cut into pieces. Realising the facts, Swamiji did the “abhimantrana” of Mruthike on the body of the prince and he gradually developed his legs and arms and he was a normal boy after wards. It is the same place which is called as Malur named after the incident. He did the “Bara Parihara” (Femane relief) in Vijaya nagar kingdom by chanting Parjanya JapaHe did the “Nrusimha Dwajastamba” stapane in BrahmanyapuraHe did the pratistapane of Mukyaprana in Brahmanyapura alongwith Sreepadarajaru and Sri Vyasarajaru.
Around Channapatna/Abbur -
ABBUR- The Brindhavana of Sri Brahmanya Thirtharu across the KANVA RIVER and surrounded by green fields there emerges a calm serine village ABBUR, the divine resting place of Sri Brhmanya Thirtharu.
Abbur is around 70 kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore-Mysore Highway. Bus facility is very good , Train facility, to Channapatna from Mysore, Bangalore, Mandya, Maddur, etc.If you take a bus going to Mysore from Bangalore, get down at Chanapatna and from there take an auto to Abbur. It is around 6Km from Chanapatna on the way to Kanva reservoir. Also there is local bus from Chanapatna to Abbur. For Araadhana, special taxies/buses will be there from Channapatna.
In Channapatna – there is Vyasaraja Mutt.
Other visiting places near Abbur-
1. Malur – It is about 2 kms from Channapatna, where u can see Malur Aprameya temple
2. Purushottama Guhe – It is about 3 kms from Abbur, where Purushottama Thirtharu entered the cave and he never returned. It is believed that he is still there doing tapassu.
3. Kambada Narasimha devaru – in Brahmanya pura
4. Mukhyaprana devaru - Kengal Hanumantharaya – Vyasaraja prathistita