Sri Satya Vijaya Theerthara Punyadina
ಸತ್ಯಪೂರ್ಣಾಂಬುಧೇರ್ಜಾತೋ ವಿದ್ವಜ್ಜನವಿಜೃಂಭಿತ: |
ಧನೀಧ್ವಂಸೀತು ನಸ್ತಾಪಂ ಶ್ರೀಸತ್ಯವಿಜಯೋಡುಪ: ||
सत्यपूर्णाम्बुधेर्जातो विद्वज्जनविजृंभित: ।
satyapoorNaambudhErjaatO vidvajjanavijRuMbhita: |
dhanIdhvaMsItu sastaapaM shrIsatyavijayODupa: ||
धनीध्वंसीतु सस्तापं श्रीसत्यविजयोडुप: ॥
Aradhana – Chaitra Krishna Ekadashi
Ashrama Gurugalu – Sri Satyapoornatirtharu
Poorvashrama Naama – Baalacharyaru
Location of Satya Vijayanagar – It is about 240 kms from Bangalore in Tamilnadu.
Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Arani -> Satyavijaya Nagar. (From Arani 10 kms) Total distance 240 kms from Bangalore.
1/440, “Sri Rama Nivas”
- He was from the pandurangi family
- He is believed to be an amsha of Sage Jamadagni.
- During his time Sri Sathya Poorna teertha was the mathatipathi of UM.
- He had given ashrama to Sri Sathya priya teertha who was touring north India for several years.
- At that time Sri Sathya Poorna teertha felt that his end is nearing but they could not locate Sri Sathya Priya Theertha.
- Hence Sri Sathya Poorna Theertha came to Mannargudi in TN and initiated Sri Balacharya into Sanyasa and renamed and renamed him as Sri Sathya Vijaya Theertha with specific instructions that he should hand over the Samasthana to Sri Sathya Priya Theertha. After a point of time Sri Sathya Poorna Theertha entered brindavan in Sangli. Even then Sri Sathya Priya Theertha did not turn up. Sri Sathya Vijaya Theertharucontinued his tours during the course of which he came to Arni in TN.
- Arni at that time was being ruled by a Madhwa Maratta Brahmin by name Srinivasa Rao Saheb . The jagir was received as a benefit for services rendered by ancestor Sri Vedoji Bhaskar Pant to Shavaji( Chartapathi Shivaji Maharaj’s father). More details can be had about the Arni Jagir from www.arnijagir. com .
- One day after pooja and theertha prasada they both started walking and when thay came to a spot they saw a five headed ( some say three headed) snake. When the Jagirdhar asked Sri Swami the significane, Srigalu explained that very soon he will have to shift his palace as there is a danger of an impending war between the Arcot Nawab and Hyderali.
- After some time Sri Sathya Vijaya theertha fet that his end was nearing and instructed the jagirdhar that the momemt he is dead, he is to be carried and when they reach a place where the pall bearers can no more bear the weight , they have to bury him in that spot. Further he made the inventory of all the things with him and gave a copy to the Jagirdhar and one more to Sri Satya Priya Theertha. Further the pooja box should be buried after his death and has to be unearthed only after Sri Sathya Theertha comes back. Further he instructed that Sri Sathya Priya Theertha has to exchange his danda.
- Finally one day Sri SathyaVijaya Theertha passed away and as instructed they started carrying him . They came to a spot where they were unable to bear the weight. The Jagirdhar Srinivasa Rao Saheb was astonished because it was the very spot where they sighted the snake. He built the brindavana of Sri Sathya Vijaya Theertha and also shifted the palace there. He renamed the place as Sri Sathya Vijaya Nagaram in the memory of Sri Swami. Even today you can see the Jagir palace there.